Book a Video Consultation
If you would like to get help from Jonathan via a telephone, Skype or Zoom consultation, here’s how to arrange it.
And first, have you received a diagnosis from a doctor yet?
If not, we suggest you first see a qualified medical practitioner, such as a general practitioner of medicine.
Jonathan, though trained to a high level in what he does, is not a qualified doctor. Sometimes you need to see a doctor, especially in life-threatening situations or emergencies.
But also in long-term chronic conditions it is good to know what a doctor might suggest for your health.
|If this consultation is your first experience of Chinese medicine and acupuncture, you may be a little apprehensive! The ideas used in Chinese medicine are very different from the Western medicine you are used to, and the way disease is treated is quite different too.|
What are people saying about Jonathan's consultations
By booking a Video or phone Consultation you agree to these terms:
Although Jonathan will do his best to help you, he accepts no liability for either his diagnosis or suggestions, nor for any results or lack of them.
- Please note Jonathan can only accept English speaking patients.
- Please read the disclaimer!
- Jonathan is based in the UK. If you prefer to speak over the phone instead of Zoom, Skype, Whatsapp or Google Meet You will be telephoning Jonathan, not the other way round, so you have to pay for the cost of the call. If you are ringing from a mobile or from abroad, please make sure you have permission from whoever pays the bills! It could be expensive in some situations.
- The consultation fee you pay is for Jonathan’s time and experience only.
- Your deposit must have been received before the consultation can go ahead.
- Please check below for Jonathan’s schedule. It’s updated in real time.
- When you have paid and chosen your preferred mean of communication (Zoom, Skype, Whatsapp, Google Meet or telephone) we’ll get in touch closer to the date with the details needed.
- Please bear in mind that there are certain limitations on what Janathan can do over the phone or video, if you prefer to see him in the clinic you can find more information here. For example, he can’t take your pulse and often he can’t see your tongue properly, even through video consultation, because – for example – the colours don’t always present on-screen properly.
- Please understand that compared with when people see Jonathan for a consultation in person in Edinburgh, it is not possible by telephone or video to touch you or palpate your sore areas or acupuncture channels, doing which often contributes to a diagnosis.
- Jonathan can’t treat you by telephone or video consultation. He can only listen, question, talk, explain and suggest. Whilst this can help you understand your symptoms and guide you, this is not the same as a live consultation.
- Confidentiality: be reassured that the consultation is entirely confidential and private. Jonathan takes notes but does not record the session. His notes are normally kept for 7 years from the last time you consulted Jonathan, then destroyed securely.
- You are welcome to record the session but not to post it online on social media or any other platforms.
- Try to ensure that you have no interruptions! Sometimes these are unavoidable, and likewise very occasionally even at Jonathan’s end, but it’s better to tell your family or colleagues that you’re going to be busy and then to close the door.
- The time you pay for is for one person only, not for your family or friends to present their problems as well. It is, however, fine to have someone else present to assist you if you wish. He or she may be able to remember things you forget, or make observations about you that help.
- The time and length of appointment you arrange cannot be split up into lots of little appointments. For example, you can’t pay for an hour and take it in several bits at different times.
- Refunds? Once a time is arranged, if for some reason you can’t be present then or wish to cancel or change it, you must give at least 24 hours notice otherwise your deposit is not refundable. If you are not happy with the consultation please get in touch directly and we’ll make sure to help you in any way we can.
- If Jonathan has to cancel your telephone or video consultation appointment, your deposit will be refunded in full.
- What happens if your call is cut off or if the quality of the call suddenly fails to function adequately? This depends on the circumstances. Sometimes the consultation can be resumed when the lines improve, and sometimes the rest of the consultation can take place at another time. Either way, you will get the time you have paid for.
- You may be advised to go to see a doctor or an accident or emergency department if Jonathan thinks that his suggestions are not the right solution for you.
How long for a video consultation and how much?
Up to 30 minutes – £60
Quite a lot can be covered in 30 minutes but you need to make a list of what you want to discuss so that the time is used well. If you have many problems, there may not be time for Jonathan to ask sufficient questions to reach a diagnosis but can help you navigate the symptoms.
Up to 60 minutes – £110
This is an even better length of time for you to explain your problems and for Jonathan to ask questions, helping him to reach a diagnosis. However it can take a lot of concentration and if you are ill, it may be tiring. Please make sure you can do the full hour in one go before you book it.
We are experiencing issues with our booking system. Please use the form below to arrange a time slot.